Steps To A New Way of Life
Welcome To Cathy's House
If you are ready to go to any length to achieve sobriety, you are welcome. If not, out of respect for Cathy’s House and the others who reside here; leave until you are absolutely ready.
- Initial Entry : Three days sobriety and director approval.
- Second Admission : Three days sobriety; 30 days from date of previous departure; director approval
- Residents will remain clean, sober, and honest, participating in the AA program on a daily basis.
2. Residents will have an AA sponsor within 3 days of entering Cathy’s House.
3. Smoking is not permitted in the house or meeting room.
4. No abusive behavior, threats of violence, obscene gestures, or weapons of any kind are permitted.
5. Only male AA members are allowed in the house unless during visiting hours for families.
6. No sexual activity or harassment of any kind.
7. At 8:00 AM all residents are to be up, out of bed, with rooms clean and blinds open.
Exceptions are made for residents who work late. In this case resident are to be up 10
hours after work shift ends.
8. Doors are open to AA members 24 hours a day unless no one is home.
9. Residents must clean up after themselves and keep their room clean.
10. Residents must complete their daily chores by 8:00 AM.
11. Residents are required to attend the Sunday morning meeting at Cathy’s House along with the Sunday morning “house meeting”.
12. No eating or drinking in bedrooms.
13. No TV during the day.
14. If you are not employed, you must be out looking for work every morning/day.